We want YOU to create our board game or card game!
That’s right, we are putting it in your hands to come up with the most insanely fun game based on the Zone 4 Universe possible!
We’re not looking for the next big thing here, just something simple and fun that all Zone 4 fans can enjoy. In-jokes, goofy hi jinx, fun adventures… YOU decide!
We’re not making this too hard or too constricting either. Here are the very simple rules:
RULES FOR CREATING THE GAME
- It MUST be based on the Zone 4 podcast/webcomic and so forth. You can use things from ComicRelated.com as well, but make it familiar to Zone 4 listeners.
- Even though we want it based on Zone 4, we don’t want it to be so inclusive that outsiders can’t enjoy it also. So vague and broad in some cases is okay too.
- The Zone 4 co-hosts, past and present MUST be the characters used. They don’t have to be the ONLY characters, but they need to be there. You CAN and are ENCOURAGED to put yourself in the game as well!
- Keep It Simple Stupid: We all know that KISS phrase. We aren’t asking for complexity here, we just want something easy and fun to play.
- DON’T send us a completed game with board, pieces and all that. We just want your concept; rules, characters, etc. We’ll handle the rest.
- And finally, make it FUN! This is Zone 4 – we LOVE having fun!
WHAT YOU WILL WIN IF WE CHOOSE YOUR GAME
If we choose your game idea, not only do you get the prestige honor bestowed on you of “Creator of the Zone 4 Game!,” but you also get a free copy once it’s made. We will also have you on the show to talk about the game, you’ll be credited as creator of the game, and we may even give you some more swag because we’re cool like that! We’ll even make you an honorary Zone 4 Reservist! AND, if you find us at a convention and there’s a free table and a copy of the game nearby, we’ll let you school us in person!
DEADLINE TO SEND YOUR GAME IDEAS TO US
The contest began on June 15th, and will run until September 15th at 6pm EST. If we have not received your entry by that date and time, your idea will not be considered for the contest.
WHERE DO I SEND MY ENTRY?
Send entries to Zone4 @ ComicRelated.com. If you need to send larger files for whatever reason, please use a service like YouSendIt.com or Sendspace.com, or contact us for FTP or Dropbox information.
We will require you to sign a waiver, which will be provided soon. We will not look at any entries without a signed waiver. If you send your entries before we make the waiver available, we will hold the entry, unread, until the waiver is provided and returned signed.
All proceeds from sales of the game will be used for Zone 4 fees and other costs involved with the show.
NOW GET TO CREATING AND HAVE FUN!
We are very excited about this game and hope you are too! Now go get those ideas down and send them off to us so we can make history! First a podcast, then a webcomic, now a game. Next… who knows?!
UPDATE (Sept. 10, 2012) – We have received absolutely NO entries at this point. There are only FIVE DAYS left to enter this contest. If you have questions, I am opening the comments section here, or you can email us at email@example.com!